Just got done with a hard run, core, and a little strength? You’re going to need some good-quality carbs and protein after that, and next to my banana bread pancakes, these things are crazy perfect!! Fluffy, taste amazing, and all that jazz.
Runner Girl’s Fluffiest Post-Run Pancakes
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup soy vanilla protein isolate (one I use in all my pancake recipes)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional cacao powder (1/2-1 tsp.)
- Water if needed
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- **Optional- 1 tsp. sugar or Stevia packet
- **Optional- Vanilla Greek yogurt to top with and dip in!! So good. Use with all pancakes
There are only about 255 calories in this WHOLE stack you see above without the Greek yogurt. There will be a little more with sweetener. This is the perfect breakfast for me after a hard work-out. I usually add raspberries and blueberries which are both crazy good superfoods. This is one of the most balanced breakfast’s I make, adding the berries helps a lot with recovery and don’t forget your water!! Hydrate!
Enjoy your pancakes if you make some!! These are so simple but so good. And you can add any flavor you want. PB2, extra cacao, butterscotch, banana, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cinnamon apples.
Have a great day, I’m off to an interview! xoxo